A bit behind on these due to my workload.
- My Ultimate Zsh and Vim Config [ July 2022 Version ] – Daniel Miessler – I finally tried both Daniel’s zsh customizations and neovim. Why didn’t I do this before now? My only difference is the use of iTerm2 instead of the normal Terminal app.
[image:EA455589-DFCA-495A-880F-7D80E6023795-2589-0000197F94AE9D5F/Screen Shot 2022-07-25 at 3.43.04 PM.png]
- DNS over TLS available to Windows Insiders – Microsoft Tech Community – While an excellent privacy feature, I can see this being a real pain for administrators.
- Pigeons in the Iraq War – Pigeons of War – Very interesting find from the gruqg
- It was the same ambulance ride as her sister — so why did it cost so much more? : Shots – Health News : NPR – This is (literally) highway robbery. I wonder what my local ambulance ride would cost me?
- How to Get Your Phone to Stop Autocorrecting to ‘Ducking’ – Just in case you wanted to ducking know…
- Migrating From SCSI To NVMe on vCenter (Part 1 – Live Migration) – Cody Hosterman –
- 3-2-1: Eliminating tasks, optimizing for your interests, and sharing knowledge – James Clear – Sometimes the most productive thing you can do is eliminate the task.
- NRC to certify NuScale small modular reactor design for use in the US – Utility Dive – Finally starting to see some small-scale nuclear coming to fruition.
- TikTok owner ByteDance pushed a pro-China agenda to Americans, say former employees – Malwarebytes Labs – This is not surprising at all. One more reason to remove TikTok from your phone. But it is addictive…
- Biden wants an industrial renaissance. He can’t do it without immigration reform. – POLITICO – More reasons to beef up STEM education here in the US. And more than just cranking out ‘skilled workers’ on a two-year degree like SC is doing.
- Time and focus and energy – Seth’s Blog – “When we give away our day, we give away our future.”
- Episode #483: Colin O’Brady – Doing The Impossible, Changing Your Mindset, & Crossing Antarctica Alone – The Learning Leader Show – Pulled a lot of nuggets from this one
- Watch out for those limiting beliefs, because we are the stories we tell ourselves.
- Spend more time in silence, alone with your thoughts.
- Lead yourself first
- Taking a day for yourself will help you be your best self where you are needed.
- Sustained excellence is the love of the game.
- Chinese Government Asked TikTok for Stealth Propaganda Account – Bloomberg – Social media is far more dangerous than an uneducated populace knows.
- Kansas No State Constitutional Right to Abortion and Legislative Power to Regulate Abortion Amendment (August 2022) – Ballotpedia – Y’all better start listening to your people if 60% of your population shows up and actually vote the same way.